Thursday, March 8, 2012

Featured Artist - Shelly Moody


Today's Featured Artist is my personal friend Shelly Moody, Jewelry Designer, Photographer, Mother, not necessarily in that order.

Not only does Shelly live and work in Boise, she also has some of her Photography at Exposure, a Gallery here in town.  A woman of many talents, she knits, makes jewelry and knitting accessories, has a wonderful eye for composition, is clever and resourceful.  Many of her times are "Upcycled" (I like that word), recycled or re-purposed everyday items that she crafted into some unique and wonderful things.  She is one of the nicest people I know.  I pounced on her yesterday evening, "You're the featured Artist for tomorrow."  "OK", she says.  Did I mention she is cooperative, too.

So without further ado, Here are several things she offers in her shop.  I'm not posting the Octopus Earrings, because they are MINE!  I mean I own them, so they are gone from her Etsy Shop.  You may navigate to her items by clicking on the title.




 
Stitch Markers - Skulls (For knitting or Crochet)


 
I did not get permission to post some of Shelly's Photographs, I will ask her if I might later and come back and add a couple.  If you are in Boise, and would like to check out some of her work in person, you can find them in:

Exposure

Location:
213 North 10th Street
Boise, ID 83702
(10th and Bannock)
Phone:
208.424.8158
Current Hours:
Mon - Fri:    10:00 am- 6:00 pm
Sat: 12:00 am- 4:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 pm- 2:00pm

The gallery is also for a good cause, an a.l.p.h.a. shop benefiting HIV and AIDS Awareness and Education.  They do have a website, but the link is not working.  If you are on Facebook, you can find them there as well.


Thank you for reading.  We would like to wish you a pleasant day. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment