Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Featured Artist Website

If you have been wondering where I have been and what I have been doing, I have spent the last several days creating a Website.  It was published yesterday and I think I look quite professional.




You will find a lot of photos, a Custom Order page, Mini Etsy Shop and you can also buy directly from the site.  Click the type not the picture.

Here is the information on where to go what to do who hosts it etc.
Kudos and a big shout out to Zain Orion of Dark Mountain Treasures for directing me to: 
dynadot.com for Domain Name registration
Host Gator for Web Hosting
Business Site $10.95 / month (There are cheaper options)
Toll Free Number for your business (rings through your regular line)
And any other number of goodies for you and your site.

It should be said here that I was looking for a site similar to that of Dark Mountain Treasures, and I am in way over my head with Host Gator, they are a fantastic and powerful site, with a lot of wonderful tools, 3/4 of which I don't need, get, or have a clue on what to do with.  The site was created with a pre-made template and I dragged, dropped, added, typed and edited, all with in their BaseKit Sitebuilder, it was a very pleasant experience.  Yes, I said pleasant experience, no screaming and tearing of hair or renting of clothes.  The builder is simple and intuitive.  They have live chat assistance or you may call them 24/7 at a 1-800 number.  I have used both and was thrilled with the results of both help lines.

I am also a .net, I had a site alchemistsvessel.com for years on Yahoo, no one ever used it or even looked at it, never made a sale or anything.  Due to the way Domain registration works, I am now alchemistsvessel.net, you must type http:// instead of www. to reach a net site.  Not a biggie.

Thank you for stopping by.  Now back to the work table to do what I do best, make jewelry!

No comments:

Post a Comment