Wednesday, August 1, 2012

In My Studio - New Beads

Happy Wednesday.

I do like the middle of the week.

Sunday afternoon was spent with my friend, Sarah, we swapped beads, chatted and had a nice afternoon.

I thought I would share some of what I got in the swap.


Clockwise: Tiger Eye, Pyrite (donuts), Silver Findings (donuts), I think that is Serpentine (oval), Shell (donuts), Marble (triangles), Carnelian, Agate, and Turquoise (diamond shape).  

Why do I feel like I just described a bowl of cereal?

Many of the pieces above have already been used to craft and create earrings, among other things, and will be listed in the shop shortly.

Most of what the shop has to offer is One Of A Kind, and a good deal of time is spent in the design process.  Not necessarily just stringing beads or linking jump rings, but things like bead size, shape, color, texture and even drill-style (top, side, vertical, half) are taken into account when putting together a piece of jewelry.

I try not to mass produce items, there may be a style that will be repeated, and as much joy as I get from making the piece I would like the customer to experience the joy of wearing something unique and different.

Also, preparation for the August tutorial is going on.  Interested in learning the basics of Chainmaille?  The lesson will be on Dragon Chain (aka Double Chain) so get those pliers and jump rings ready!  Yes, that's all you need.  If the piece I cast is returned there will be look at the process of cuttle bone casting.

Thank you for reading.

The Alchemists Vessel would like to wish you a warm and pleasant Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment