Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thursday Workbench Woes

Good Morning,

As I await the Blog Ring to begin again, I am left with empty space for posting.

Some of you are aware of the household incidents that have been plaguing me of late, leaks, floods, electrical wiring weirdness, wasp infestation...  In the midst of all that my poor workbench has become the catch-all for odds and ends bits and pieces.

I am usually a very organized craft-person, everything in its place, cubby-holes, bins, boxes, baskets, bags, nooks, crannies, shelves, drawers, the odd table corner even.  I am finding it most difficult to work under these conditions.

Destruction Productions presents - Alix's Workbench, Portrait of Horror.


Yes, I used to sit in that chair, and work on that table, you can see some of the items I have discussed here including a color wheel, sandpaper, a set of craft knives, my mini-torch, light box, and various tools and other equipment.  

With the workbench in such a state, I have been delegated to the Dining table in the great room.

You guys are laughing now...

Since a good portion of my materials and supplies are small they require little space, or so one would think.  Right.  Due to the mentioned mishaps much of my shelf space has vanished, so I have managed to cram everything into the closet.  When I say I work out of my closet, I ain't kidding.


The supply closet, whether you work in an office or at home, eventually you need someplace to put those things you use for work.  Cubby-holes, bins, boxes, baskets, bags, nooks, crannies, shelves, drawers and the file cabinet corners are full to the brim with beads, wire, string, clasps, buttons, clay, twine, charms, ribbon, just about every conceivable and imagined item can be found with in the depths of the Supply Closet...  Happy Hunting!

That's all for today.  Now you have a little inside peak at the madness that is my method.

Thank you for stopping in and having a look.

The Alchemists Vessel would like to wish you a pleasant Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment