Thursday, August 15, 2013

Featured Artists - A Good-bye

Good Morning,

Today's blog is brief and not really about much of anything except a little disappointment and some sad news.

Late last night, I was told that a fellow artist and on-line acquaintance lost his life in a traffic accident in Southern California, he was broadsided by a drunk driver.   The news saddened me, and this morning I wanted to share a couple of his pieces that he had been willing to share with the on-line group I chat with occasionally.

I went to the site and much to my dismay, his profile, artwork and posts had been removed.  My jaw hit the floor.  What happened there?  After contacting another member, I'm glad I'm not the only early bird on line, I come to find out that the accident happened over a week ago and that it is site policy to remove inactive members after a five day period.  Needless to say, I was stunned.

"b rav" was his on line name, he rarely shared details, just griped about paint not drying right, or discussed other materials that he worked with.  He was an abstract artist, worked with found items, finger-paintings, and re-cycled a lot of stuff from Thrift Shops, he was the first person to introduce me to Up-Cycling paintings, like the ones below.  These are not his work, I found them on line.











b rav was a kind soul, funny and opinionated.  Never minced words, and would tell you exactly what he thought of your work, good or bad.  He was talented and clever and believed the best work done was the work that made you happy.

I will miss his witty commentary and his funny rants about "Children's Art Supplies" and viewing his eclectic, eccentric and sometimes off the wall art.

Thank you for stopping in and having a look.

The Alchemists Vessel would like to wish you a pleasant day.

1 comment:

  1. awwww, that is sad...and to remove him so quickly seems heartless.
    (I do like that where's waldo painting, lol)
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrow

    ReplyDelete