Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wednesday In the Studio - Movies

Wednesday is here!

My departure draws near, and I am getting excited!  That's right, I said departure.  Next week I will be unavailable.  I am going to take some time for me before I burn out.  Recharging the batteries, spending some time away from the workbench is good for everybody.  There will be working, this is for sure, but for one week the blog will be sporadic at best.

Why movies today? A lot of inspiration for fashion comes from film or television.  Harry Potter's knitting craze, or Hermione's "Time Turner" for instance, jewelry from the Lord Of The Rings like Arwen's Butterfly Pendant can be purchased on line or through specialty catalogs .  See a piece you like on your favorite show?  Try Soap Opera Jewelry, from Soap Operas to programs like Bones, they carry replica jewelry of the pieces worn by the actors.

Below are movies that are out now, or just winding down their theater runs that I would like see, not only for inspiration on style, but because I am interested in the story as well.  They all have a Gothic appeal from your classic ghost story, to Edgar Allan Poe and a re-telling of Snow White.

First is The Woman in Black with Danille Ratcliff.



Next is The Raven with John Cusack.  My friend, Lucritia, and I must go see this together!




A dark comedy Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp.  This promises to be fun.



Not yet out in theaters Snow White and The Huntsman.  This looks like an interesting retelling of a favorite Fairy Tale.




Thank you for stopping and having a look.  Perhaps you will find inspiration and entertainment at the movies this Summer.

The Alchemists Vessel would like to wish you a wonderful day.






No comments:

Post a Comment