Wednesday, October 2, 2013

What's New In The Studio?

Good Morning,

Today is usually reserved for new studio items and creations.  However with my plate overflowing with things to do and  places to go in preparation for the Harvest Market,  I have not had an opportunity to be creative.

Today we change that.

I saw someone's interesting art project, and it got me to thinking about how to make my own, only different.  Sometime ago I discussed a cool modeling and sculpting medium called Apoxie Sculpt.  This two part epoxy medium comes in a variety of colors and lends itself well to a variety of applications, sculpting, model fabrication, repair and other uses.



The sample pack I received is still full of wonderful colors and I have a neat idea, probably more difficult in the execution than in the planning and blue-prints in my head.


 It takes a while for the material to be ready for use.  After mixing the two parts together waiting for thirty to forty-five minutes is required.  The material is SUPER STICKY and will stick to anything you place it on, waiting the allotted time lets the material set and makes it a bit easier to work with.  We highly recommend using  gloves as the color tends to come off on your hands.



It is also very versatile, you can shape it, cut it, paint it, sand it and adhere it to things you want to decorate or create a unique piece entirely out of Apoxie Sculpt.  Which is what I intend to do, some wire, a wood base and I am good to go!

Example of shaped, textured, painted and sanded Apoxie Sculpt Pendant


We may from time to time pop in with progress pictures this is not an art project that can be finished in a day, but I am excited about the possibilities of what it might morph in to when it is complete.

What are we making?  That is a surprise.

Thank you for stopping in and having a look.

The Alchemists Vessel would like to wish you a pleasant day.



1 comment:

  1. ohhh, I waiting on pins and needles to see what you make!
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrow

    ReplyDelete