Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday - Links and Promotions

Good Morning,

The weekend is here and I am looking forward to it.  Means that I will have some time to sequester myself in the Office and get some stuff done.

I was cruising around the interwebs looking for something interesting to share.  I found a couple of videos on glass-making, and thought it might be fun to search for glass beads, this is a neat little video about glass beads and how they are made.





Have you seen this yet?  My very favorite Twisted Little Thing from my friend and very talented sculptor Ralph Cordero.  If you're in to unique collectibles don't miss out on these gruesome cuties!

Hal I Toesis


Description: Twisted Little Thing - Hal I Toesis - Approx 3 inches tall 4.5 inches wide. Solid cast resin, detailed mini sculpture collectible. 

I knit, and I just love this idea!  I must find patterns to make these for myself. I found them on Etsy and I know at least two of that read this are just going to go nuts for these macabre creations fresh off the needles!  These are just awesome and lots of fun.

Amigurumi Zombie Head


Description: While zombies are generally looked down upon as uncouth and uncivilized members of society, they're really just trying to get by the best way they know how and want nothing more than to get along with (and eat) their fellow man.

This handsome gent has pink eyes, black hair, and a lovely crimson gash along his right cheek.

Zombie heads are approximately 2.5" high and are made with acrylic yarn, wool felt, embroidery floss, cotton and/or polyester thread, polyester fiberfill stuffing, fabric glue, and fabric ink.

This item may present a choking hazard and is not intended for small children or pets. 


****************************************************

And while we are on the subject of random weirdness, let's take a little segue and ask the readers:

Just what the heck is this thing?


Yes, I know it's a spider, smarty pants.  What I want to know is what kind of spider this is.  I have never seen one before.  I was sitting at the workbench and up the wall it crawled.  This is big, too, you could put it on a leash and take it for a walk.  No, I didn't squish it, I caught it and put it outside.  It has a reddish-brown thorax and legs, it's abdomen is black and striped in white.  Creepy little arachnid.  Any ideas on what it might be?


Thank you for stopping in and having a look.

The Alchemists Vessel would like to wish you a pleasant weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment