Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Links and Promotions

Happy Friday,

The weekend is here and promises to be a good one. 

I have been trying to think of something to post today, and because I am coming up short, I think I will share a date instead.

November 24th, 2012, is Shop Small Day!  Why just keep it to one day?  What not shop small all the time.  Just what does that mean? 

It means to shop your local and independent businesses.  I don't mean hit the mall with  the other lemmings at 5:00 a.m. on Thanksgiving morning for "Door-buster" sales.  I mean take your time and seek out Main Street, those fabulous little shops owned and operated by a person, not a giant faceless corporation.  Take your time and look on line at some of the wonderful and unique handmade goodies from Artists and Designers all over the country.  


This image was downloaded from the Facebook Fan Page for Shop Small Day.

Places to shop small:

handmadeartists.com
The Alchemists Vessel - Jewelry and Gifts
Studio RGC - Twisted Little Things

Thank you for stopping in and having a look.

The Alchemists Vessel would like to wish you a pleasant weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Being the owner of one of those small, independent shops (and handmade to boot) I wholeheartedly agree! Large stores have their place, but so do us little guys. I wish you loads of success this holiday season and beyond!

    ReplyDelete