Wednesday, October 14, 2015

In The Studio: Project Preview

Good Morning,

Today I thought I might share a little something different than jewelry.

I was gifted with several boxes some time ago, and had no idea what to do with them, so they sat in the bag, taking up space.

They are a lovely natural wood (I'm guessing pine), but very raw, I spent yesterday sanding and trying to fix the clasps that close them.


There is one of the rectangle and three or four of the octagonal shape with the wire trim.  Occasionally I would look at them, and then re-pack them, I had no idea what to do with them.

Then it dawned on me, there are lots of ways to spruce up these little things, paint, decoupage, pyrography (wood-burning). Which one was right for these?

The first step was preparing the surface.  That's done.  What I have in mind for these is a surprise, but something I am looking forward to doing.

The next step is paint or a clear sealant, I have not chosen one yet, but I have a firm plan in mind and know how to approach the project now.

Stay tuned for the finished object, I may do another progress blog before they are completed.  

Thank you for stopping in and having a look.

The Alchemists Vessel would like to wish you a pleasant day.

No comments:

Post a Comment