Thursday, January 12, 2012

Featured Artisan - Alixandra Browning

It has become painfully obvious that I have no idea how to conduct an interview.  I'm a jeweler not a journalist.  So bear with me, we will cover something.

Alchemy: (n) The process of transforming something common into something extraordinary. 

Alchemists: (n) a person or practitioner of alchemy.

I am a self-taught artisan, books, questions and watching others is how I learn my craft and trade.
My love of nature and the outdoors has inspired many of my creations and I try to offer only the finest quality natural Gemstones, glass beads, and other high quality materials.
As a designer I would like customers to be as happy and pleased with the pieces they purchase as I am in creating them. Each piece is handcrafted with meticulous care and attention to detail.  I like to put a sense varying design styles, fun and excitement, whimsy and femininity to the jewelry creations.  
I have been in business since 2005, and began in Zodiac niche jewelry.  Quickly aware that I needed to offer more, I began researching and studying techniques, gemstones, and metals on my own.  The inventory has grown, selections are more varied and I enjoy the design aspect.  Working with a variety of materials helps to keep things fresh.  I taught myself to make Chain Maille last year, and have become adept at several patterns.


You can find the jewelery at The Alchemists Vessel online.

This is what I look like:

This is what I do:

This where you can find me:  Treasure Valley Market at Expo  Idaho, 5610 Glenwood St, at the Fair Grounds in Garden City, ID.

Thank your for bearing with me.  I hope you enjoyed this brief and not very informative peak into the artisan and Alchemist, Alixandra Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment